Last updated: 24/05/2018
Goulden & Sons Ltd understand the importance of taking good care of your information and ensuring you have maximum control and visibility of it.
If you would like to access information we have in your name, amend or delete any information please contact us using the details at the bottom of this notice.
For the purpose of Data Protection, any Personal Data you or any of your associates submit to GSL, you will be the data controller and we will be a data processor of this personal data.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY OBTAIN FROM YOU
“Personal Data” is information relating to an identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We may obtain and use the following Personal Data about you:
• Your correspondence details (via emails, written forms, web forms)
• Previous correspondence for comparison and recall purposes (in our employees’ email) with you, your colleagues or associates
• Bank account details for payment of invoices, or for us to process refunds.
• Further details can be found in GSL’s Personal Data Register (available on request)
Data and information, you or your associates submit to GSL might include email addresses, residential addresses, telephone numbers, email responses.
BROWSING OUR WEBSITE, COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES
We may obtain information about your computer when browsing our website, which includes your IP address, browser type and operating system where available. This data is used to assist system administration only.
We may also collect information regarding your browsing activity and interests through use of a cookie file. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer, and contains information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the collection of this data to help us improve the experience of users on our website and service using Google Analytics.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data we obtain from you will be stored mainly in our secure intranet and business server. However, it is highly probable that your information will also be stored on individual GSL employees computers and/or mobile devices.
GSL employees may also, among other things, be involved in the processing of payment details (inwards and outward), in the general handling of operating the business.
As the transmission of data via the Internet cannot be assumed completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any of your or your associates data transmitted to our systems or Service; you are therefore responsible for any risk associated with such transmission.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take all reasonable steps in mitigation and prevention – to maintain appropriate measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data we hold about you and your associates may be used in any of the following ways:
• To provide you and your associates with GSL’s details and matters specific to your dealings with our business.
• To provide you and your associates with ongoing communications where applicable.
• To comply with applicable laws, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests.
• To send you further information about our services for which we think you may have an interest.
• To send you further information based on a request we have received from you.
• To inform you of any material risk to your operations which we have identified and see it as essential communications. This includes Data Protection information, and other possible threats affecting you and us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Disclosure of your and your associates Personal Data (including, without limitation, client information) to third parties will only occur in any of the following events:
• We are required to disclose your or your Users’ personal data in order to fulfil any legal obligation, to protect the property, rights or safety of GSL or other parties. In such case, information may be exchanged with third party companies or organisations in order to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk.
• You acknowledge and agree that we may also disclose Personal Data (including, without limitation, Client Data) with: (i) our service providers involved in the provision, distribution, delivery and support of GSL services, including the storage of any Client Data; (ii) fraud prevention agencies; (iii) law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and public authorities; and (iv) emergency services.
YOUR RIGHTS AND SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
You retain at all times the right to access / amend / delete any Personal Data we hold about you or to exercise your right of data portability or to object to, or restrict, the purposes for which your Personal Data is processed on certain grounds. You may exercise this right by making a request in accordance with Data Protection Laws, by contacting us. You may also lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner should you be dissatisfied with the way that we handle your Personal Data.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will keep your and your Users’ Personal Data for the duration of the service and in accordance with your instructions or for such periods as may be required by law. Where we have made a backup of your system to mitigate data loss, we shall undertake to remove this data from our servers within 30 days from job closure.
If at any time we make a change to this policy, we will update this page to reflect such change. We recommend you review this page periodically to ensure you remain happy with the latest version.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND GETTING IN TOUCH
Goulden & Sons Ltd
2 The Old Workshops
St Johns Terrace